Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What is my story?

What is my story? What story do I tell myself about myself? Just coming to the realization that I have been telling myself too many bad stories that aren't really me. I got into the wrong story of me? There is a story that is much more generous, much more happy, and actually more honest than the one I have repeated over and over through the years. Why do I focus on the little sad stories that are 1% of my life but ignore the 99% that are like happy dreams. I need to focus on that much longer story that makes me feel good rather than those short ones that make me anxious and sad and leave me feeling as if I made some mistake or even worse that allowed life to go on without making an attempt to get in the parade. I am in the parade; I am just too conditioned not to see that.  I need to change my mind, my attitude around how I view myself which will lead to me viewing the world differently. I don't want to suggest the world is my cherry and I just need to scoop it up, but I do mean to say that I can turn it all into a cherry with my own mind if I will just look at things differently, more honestly. I want to become a stoic as in study the philosophy of Stoicism.  Change your attitude and you change your life.  Adopt the real view rather than the view I am conditioned to take.  See things as they are.  More to come. Life is good and getting better...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home