Monday, January 24, 2011

Wasting Time, Wasting My Life

Why is it so easy to form bad habits and so difficult to form good ones, ones that add to our lives rather than take away from them. I am 24 days into the new decade and I haven't yet managed to develope a single good habit that will move me closer to achieving a goal. I am still wasting too much of my time doing things that add nothing to my life. Today I spent at least 5 hours screwing around on YouTube when I should have been looking for additional work, exercising, or doing something to improve my skills. Even writing on this blog would have been better because at least I would be thinking rather than just looking at a bunch of inane videos. I did exercise today, and I did finish another book even if it was a pure work of fiction; it's something. What I need to work at things that are going to improve my life even if they are impractical, but watching things others have done is a waste of my precious time. Wasting time is an addiction. I am addicted to wasting time as if I don't care about my life. I need to snap out of this and do something, anything to challenge my brain and accomplish something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home