Friday, February 14, 2020

Stimulus and Response

It's an incredible thing to realize I don't have to react to what happens around me without thought. That is, something can happen, and I can decide how to react rather than having some automatic response based upon who knows what. Of course, this is all a slow learning process as in start again, and again, and again… 

This idea of it’s always "Day One" is inspiring. It doesn’t give me a license to fail to live up to the new expectations I have for myself, but it does tell me that when I fail it’s not all over. I start again. Maybe I overreacted to a situation and went into my old ways for a few hours, but then I came back and realized the error. I failed to take a deep breath and own that space between stimulus and response which should be the space where we live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home